LVPPP has a number of parenting related books and videos that members are encouraged to sign out. These are very helpful if you have missed a Parent Education session and have to make up an Alternate Parent Education.
Here is a list of our favourite books, websites and speakers:
|“Boy Smarts” and “Boys on Target” (book)||Barry MacDonald|
|“Child’s Play“||Silken Laumann|
|“Drop the Worry Ball“||Alex Russell|
|“Hold On to Your Kids“||Gordon Neufeld|
|“How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids will Talk“||Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish|
|“Kids Are Worth It“||Barbara Coloroso|
|“Last Child in the Woods“||Richard Louv|
|“Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way“||Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott|
|“Parenting from the Inside Out” (book and DVD) and “The Whole Brain Child” (book and DVD)||Dr. Dan Siegel|
|“Positive Discipline“||Jane Nelsen|
|“Raising Your Spirited Child“||Mary Sheedy Kurcinka|
|Saleema Noon reading list (body awareness)||Saleema Noon|
|“Simplicity Parenting“||Kim John Payne and Lisa M. Ross|
|“Siblings Without Rivalry“||Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish|
- Anxiety Disorders Association of BC (Anxiety BC) is a non profit organization that works to increase awareness about anxiety disorders and promote education and evidence based treatments. This website includes information for parents on anxiety and helping your anxious child.
- Dr. Dan Siegel’s website includes books, DVDs, resources and research on the human mind (neuroscience) and well-being.
- The Whole Brain Child (DVD & book) includes strategies to nurture your child’s developing mind and survive parenting struggles.
- Parenting from the Inside Out (DVD)
- Dr. Gordon Neufeld’s website includes books, DVDs, audio downloads, and courses on an attachment based developmental model of parenting.
- The Positive Discipline Program was created by Dr. Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott. The Positive Discipline website makes resources accessible to Canadians through workshops, classes, books, and downloads.
- The Alder Centre houses the Alderian Psychology Association of BC and offers education, workshops and services that benefit parents and families.
- Kidpower Vancouver is a non-profit society in BC and a local centre for Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International. Kidpower teaches people safety skills to parents and the website includes workshops, articles and resources.
- Counselling for adults, adolescents and parents and present workshops for parents based on the work of Dr. Gordon Neufeld.
- Parenting and Family Development specialist.
- Marriage workshop, counselling and education.
- BC Family Hearing Resource Centre: Speaking Notes
Lisa Bolton, MBA:
- Financial Literacy & The Family: Speaking Notes
Sandra-Lynn Shortall, District Principal, Early Learning